Friday, April 12, 2013
Well, I'm back again...sooner than usual. As I said I'm really going to try and get this thing going. I went back to work from my vaction and just as I thought it is slowing down a bit, but that's okay.
 This is Jt before church on Easter Sunday, he was is in the Easter progam that morning. It was a really nice service that morning. This was his first little suit and he just loves to dress up.
Several months ago when I was in Walmart I found a lantern and thought it would be neat to try and alter, so not being very much I got two of them.
Dummy me for so reason I thought they were plastic...till I got them home and opened it up and what do ya know...it is a real working lantern. Oh well, I wanted to alter it so that's what I did. I didn't do it right away, guess I was waiting on the right paper and things to come along that would strike my fancy. Prima came out the "Engraver" paper line and I just fell in love with it. So I order it from "Discount Paper Crafts" on Etsy. I also got the chipboard pieces to go with it. It still took me a bit to get it started, but I finally did. Here are some of the pictures I took along the way of altering it.
I watched Linda over on You Tube, her channel is faythchik777. She added sand to her gesso for a different texture, I really liked how she did it. At first I added a little black paint into the mixture, which made it sorta gray. I liked it but it wasn't what I was looking for. So I mixed some white paint and a dab of copper to get the color I was looking for. Then I used my walnut distress ink to tone it down a bit just in spots. I used a frost to spray on half of the glass. I had printed out the lady from the internet and used color pencils on her then fussy cut her out and put her into place. I added a #1 from the chipboard pieces, a clock key that I picked up at Hobby Lobby. I put some film strip in from Tim Holtz, I also put some WOC flowers in it. Then I added some cheese cloth and a touch of copper glitter.
As you can see I painted part of it a copper color, then I dry brushed some gesso on it and that seem to give it a patina look. I then tore some of the paper up and inked it and placed it here and there. I also took some chain and just draped it around and used glossy accents in part to keep it in place. Then I used some Recollections bling on the side of it. I used more flowers from WOC and also some that I had got from "Craftssupplies1" on Zibbet. I also used some lace I got from "Flamingos Scraps"
Well, I know this one was kinda long, and I still have to play around with this and see how to place things better. I'll get the hang of it eventually. I had so much fun altering this one, I hope you like how I did this one.
Thanks for stopping by and ya'll have a Blessed evening! Hugs, Peggy
|
|
No comments:
Post a Comment