I use to love watching Carol Duvall when she was on tv. I use to tape her shows, especially at Christmas time. She always had some very talented guests on her show also. I believe that is where I first seen and heard of Tim Holtz...and look at him now! He is a great artist, the first thing I ever got that he came out with was the vintage photo distress ink. That was some years ago, I've gotten several more things by him since then.
These are some frames I've made.
The rose I made with the tattered flowers die, I used a soda can then spray painted it with copper hammered. You see the flower holder on this last one...a cigar came in it. Ya know what they say, one mans trash is another mans treasure. I came across it at work and said I was going to make something with this. One of them looked at me and thought I was crazy. So I told him, okay, I'm gonna make something with it and your gonna give it to your grandmother. I used the bead gel medium on it, the butterflies I cut out of the Mariposa papers as is the background paper. I outlined it with the beads. The flower, I'm afraid would have to be one of the dorky sides. Just couldn't get it right, oh well she was happy with it.
Well, guess that's it for now.
God Bless and goodnight!
Peggy

No comments:
Post a Comment