Thursday, June 7, 2012

June 7, 2012

  Yep! It's me, I'm back...I know it's been awhile.  Been a little bit of this and a lot of that, and an awful lot of being tired.  Sometimes at my age and working a full time job and still raising a very active 8 yr old boy can just drain you.  But I wouldn't change any of that...the good Lord blessed us with a son late in life and let me tell you he is the joy of our lives.  I always tell him he rocks my world!  And I've been waiting tables for over thirty years, so I must love it.  Been at the same place for almost 18 years now and I really do love my job.  I work in a truck stop, I get to meet people from all over the country and other countries too.  Not to mention some of the famous people that have come through our place.  Having a fantastic boss and co workers is always a bonus!
  Well, enough of that chit chat...on to other things...
  I have met a wonderful friend out here in cyber space.  I just asked my daughter if that is what they still call it and she said what, she never heard that before.  Guess I'm from the stone age...lol...I thought they did at one time.  Well anyway as I was saying I have met an awesome friend on here.  Terrie, I want to thank you so much!  She is http://1craftycookie.blogspot.com  she also has a you tube channel.  She is an awesome person,  she has a very big heart.  She makes some of the prettiest cards I've seen, and she loves to alter things.  Terrie, you are my first follower and I thank you for that.  You have also given me encouragement to get back out here on my blog and get this going again.  
  I'm a member over at Creating the crafty life, I did get over a little bit of  shyness and joined a few of the swaps.  I love doing them, they are really fun.  I love altering things especially the cigar boxes.  And I've learned so much from all the talented and creative people out here.  They are all just a great bunch of people and all unique in there own way. 


 
 These are some tags I made for one of the swaps I was in.  The red one holds stick pins.  I watched Kimberly, she's berlykim37 on you tube.  She has some good tutorials.  I loved the way the stick pin holder turned out.
  This is the cigar box I made to go with it.  I used Graphic 45 Le Romantique, Wild Orchid Crafts flowers.  I also crocheted some little flowers and hearts to go around it. 
  That's gonna have to be it for the evening, between everything else it has taken me all evening to get this little bit done. 
  I'll be back.  Have a Blessed evening and thank you for joining me on this journey, wherever it may lead me.          
Peggy 

  

1 comment:

  1. Your so so welcome my friend I'm so happy to see a post in here YAY..This made my day thanks girl love your work to very pretty hugs Terrie

    ReplyDelete