Monday, September 3, 2012

Just another day

     I really need to stay up on this.  I've been trying to learn more about this blog thing.  I  just have to play around till I get something going I guess.  I've tried to make a few changes, not sure how it's going to work but we will see.  Enough of that...now on to other things.
     We did have another grandbaby.  She was born a month early, 5lbs and 4ozs.  Our daughter's blood pressure shot up and could not get it down, so they induced labor. She is about 6 weeks now and probably weights around 7lbs now.  They are both doing really good. 

      On a sad note though...my father-in-law is not doing well.  Last year he was being treated for leukemia.  He got better but then it came back again but he is having respitory problems.  He is at home now and hospice is there with them.  My husband will be flying up this week.  My father-in-law is a good man and the things that he could create with his hands, he loved wood working.  My husband has been going up to visit and hunt with his dad every year for about the last ten years or so...those are memories that he will always cherish.  So alway's cherish the times you have with family and friends...because you never know what tomorrow will bring...


      It's been busy but I have found a little time to be crafting.  I love watching Miranda, MsLiberty25
                                                                                   on you tube.  She is an inspiration to so many of
us, her creativity is beyond words...She made and altered dresser and it was just gorgeous!  I was in a thrift store one day and came across a little one, so I got it.  Then when I seen what she had made, I just had to try something in her style.  Miranda if you ever see this I hope it was okay. This is the front view, I used the Elegance paper from Recollections and also the Almanac line from Prima. 
This is the top, I used one of Tim Holtz dies (well actually several) and created sides for the top of it to make it look more like a shelf.  That is one of his clocks and you can see the film strip I used also.  And of course Wild Orchid Crafts flowers.  I'm running low, going to have to get more...awe...shopping...lol.
These are the side views.  Used another one of Tim Holtz dies and created the hanger for the keys.  I love the way it turned out.Then this is the back of it.  I worked on it for a little bit everyday for a
                                                               week.  I really love the way it turned out. 

      Well guess that's it for today.  Got a lot of things to take care of before myhusband takes off. 

                                       
 
     Thank you for stopping by today and have a Blessed day...Hugs, Peggy
 

No comments:

Post a Comment